The Saskatoon Community Foundation (SCF) is undergoing organizational renewal and developing a new strategic plan for 2017 and beyond. This renewal process will shift the Foundation towards enhanced community and donor engagement, a more proactive and progressive business model and a shift to a development culture.
The Marketing & Development Coordinator will have a vital role in the execution of the overall marketing and development plan under this new strategic direction as the Foundation shifts to a more proactive and responsive business model.
This role is evolving and will initially be dedicated to strengthening Saskatoon Community Foundation’s relationships with current and prospective donors, allied professionals to ultimately to enhance the SCF brand as a community leader and philanthropic advisor.
Working in a small office with other dedicated, community-minded professionals, this role is best designed for an adaptable individual. You thrive on moving a small organization forward in a collaborative way, easily adapt to constraints of a charity though a creative approach and embrace the challenge of a changing environment in the pursuit of building a healthy community through community philanthropy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE AREA OF:
PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS (EVENTS) 60%
- Lead the Youth Advisory Council and distribution of the Youth Endowment Grants
- Coordinate SCF grant programs, oversight by Grants Manager
- Activate targeted grants
- Lead all donor recognition and engagement events
- Lead volunteer committee on social media campaign
- Assist with Vital Signs community engagement activities
- Coordinate all educational seminars in partnership with other like-minded organizations.
- Assist ED and Donor Development area to enhance donor experience and SCF value proposition
- Submit grant applications for SCF’s own projects
- Ensure effective use of donor and stakeholder list management and potential reporting
- Assist Executive Director and other team members) with initiatives, as required
- Work with the team to identify, develop and implement communication and marketing strategies to targeted sectors/groups aligned with the foundation’s marketing/development plan.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging in all communications channels
- Coordinate marketing communication materials for fund development/ fundraising
- Prepare tailored presentations to prospective clients and community groups
- Lead sponsorship marketing identified by ED or donor development
- Coordinate photography/videography
- Coordinate development mailings
- Manage relevant suppliers/partners as required
- Help identify donor segmentation for effective targeted marketing communications
- Develop e-newsletters
- Write inspiring content /communications for publications
DIGITAL MARKETING, WEBSITE/ECOMMERCE AND SOCIAL MEDIA (20%)
- Manage SCF’s online presence: ensuring fresh content, consistent and current messaging
- Manage effective use for the Foundation’s online donation portals (Artez)
- Work with donor services to assist with service delivery to fund holders with their fundraising programs
- Create social media strategy/policy based best practises for sector
- Provide leadership in improving website user experience: website analytics
- Develop YouTube presence based on business case
- Assist with development of public relations strategy
- Identify other e-solutions for delivering SCF’s mission
- Coordinate implementation of other media channels
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate with a focus on business, marketing or similar
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access is an asset)
- A solid understanding of search engine marketing and analytics
- Good understanding Word-Press content management system for web site (desktop design publishing software an asset)
- Experience working/volunteering with or in a non-profit organization is an asset
- Experience working with social media platforms
- Valid driver’s licence as occasional travel is required
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptable team player with high energy, positivity and enthusiasm and with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills with ability to interact with respect and confidentiality with others from variety of backgrounds
- Excellent time management and project management skills and must thrive on meeting deadlines
- Must have thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail adhering to excellent documentation protocol (project plans, reports, debrief documents)
- Must become super-user of current or future donor management software (Income Manager)
To apply, contact Essence Recruitment attention Nicole Sebastian by emailing your resume to email@example.com . Applications will be considered until June 16th.