Within the newly created publishing division of Banda Marketing Group, the PROJECT ASSISTANT will assist the publisher with a wide range of tasks to support the division’s short- and long-term goals. The projects themselves may include ongoing business activities or one or more specific shorter-term projects, each with multiple deadlines requiring a great deal of coordination. As a critical thinker, this person will manage a flow of work that includes dealing with suppliers, ensuring activities are completed on time, performing online research to collect appropriate data, and following the task or project through to completion.
This dynamic role is an attractive career for the right person as there is opportunity for continued education and career development. This role is a great fit for someone who enjoys working on a variety of projects simultaneously, is excited about research, and loves working within technical systems and databases. The successful candidate will be able to learn about new industries and work independently. This person will have a strong work ethic demonstrating pride in and accountability for the quality of their work.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assisting with project management through coordination of resources, scheduling meetings, and ensuring effective communication on project details with all parties involved.
- Ensuring that contracts are in place for advertisers and that appropriate files are delivered to the design studio on time.
- Updating contact database and exporting data for advertising campaigns or similar.
- Posting information on the company’s website and social media platforms.
- Engaging with suppliers to determine best options, including pricing and service pertaining to the project.
- Conducting online research to find information to support management decisions.
- Scheduling appropriate logistics and coordinating details such as delivery of product by courier to customers.
- Providing clerical support, including transcribing information and doing data entry.
- Carrying out additional tasks based on changing needs.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in administration, marketing, business, or similar.
- Proven accountability for successfully completing complex projects.
- High proficiency with technical systems, including navigating various websites, platforms, and databases, such as customer relationship management software.
- Experience with market research and/or gathering appropriate information on various subjects.
- Experience working within, or a thorough understanding of, a publication company, or experience assisting with magazine or book publication is a definite asset.
Skills And Competencies:
- Extremely organized, able to handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail.
- A planner who prioritizes short- and long-term goals and can adjust when needed.
- A critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills.
- Professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Positive interpersonal skills including professional customer relations.
For further information or to apply, contact Tracy Arno, Essence Recruitment directly.All inquiries are welcome.
email@example.com or 306.290.5646/306.652.5209