The Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association Inc. (SCSA) is an industry-funded and directed non-profit organization that provides cost-effective, accessible safety training and advice to employers and employees throughout the province of Saskatchewan. With locations in Saskatoon and Regina, the SCSA equips more than 10,000 workers each year with the education and training they need to achieve their organization’s safety goals. The Mission of the SCSA is to provide quality safety training and advice to construction employers and employees that will lead to reduced human and financial loss associated with injuries in the construction industry. For further information go to www.scsaonline.ca.
This position is a 14-15-month contract full-time role located in Regina, SK. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administration Manager will be accountable for providing leadership and support to employees and management in key service areas including customer/member services, accounting and office services; planning and developing systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the business unit; managing the computer network system; and coordinating facilities management.
This role is a great fit for someone who is a positive and supportive leader, has a passion for safety, and enjoys working in a collaborative office setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the operations leadership team to achieve corporate objectives, establish and achieve business unit goals and objectives in conjunction with corporate objectives
- Responsible for the implementation of corporate administrative policies, procedures and practices
- Supervise the operational activities of the business unit including supporting the hire of personnel and onboarding; coach/mentor and supervise employees, administer the performance management system and employee scheduling.
- Schedule and conduct unit meetings; provide meaningful report on unit operations to the Director of Operations
- Analyze, coordinate and document business unit processes and problems and develop solutions to enhance efficiencies; coordinate and implement solutions to improve customer service/member service, reduce costs, and improve work efficiencies.
- Manage the SCSA e-learning system, special contacts and services including SCOT for schools, CODC, SITT etc.
- Address daily facility issues, customer concerns and procedural issues
- Accountable for corporate database administration, computer systems and bordering equipment.
- Accountable for all aspects of facility management.
- Coordinate inventory of printed material available for purchase/distribution and associated purchasing requirements; manage corporate records retention and disposal.
- Collaborate with Finance Coordinator to monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business Administration degree or diploma or similar
- Five years of related experience, three years of which in a management/supervisory position
- Experience in computer network administration and facility management would be considered an asset
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Suite and Outlook
- Knowledge of database administration such as MySQL database and Simply Accounting would be considered an asset
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Effective leadership skills with a strong focus on coaching, mentoring and motivating employees
- Excellent planning and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- Effective people management, conflict resolution, and teambuilding skills
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Admirable decision-making ability and trouble shooting skills
- Understanding of financial business management
To inquire or apply, contact Nicole Sebastian at Essence Recruitment directly by December 8th, 2017. email@example.com / 306-652-5209