Reporting to the Regional Manager, SK., the Business Development Specialist will be responsible for developing and managing lead generation, qualifying clients and looking for opportunities in a business-to-business environment. This person will need to work independently to produce substantial results using a varying mixture of lead sources including research, networking, and cold calling into targeted companies; you will contact appropriate prospective clients in the designated marketplace.
A great fit for this organization would be someone who would like to be part of a collaborative, innovative team. They will be a personable, ambitious, self motivate person who is passionate, and takes pride in their work.
Supports the achievement of corporate, regional and individual revenue targets and margin targets
Identifies and qualifies new prospective clients and opportunities to maximize business opportunities.
Focuses on building relationships through outside selling skills, attending conferences/seminars, hosting lunch and learns with prospective clients, etc.
Establishes and builds relationships with senior executives and line managers of prospective and established customers
Closes new business opportunities by working with both internal and external customers.
Maintains proactive relationship management and regular/consistent contact
Maintains an awareness of competitors strategies, providing feedback internally to enhance positioning in the marketplace
Provides feedback to sales management and business owners to ensure company’s solutions continue to meet client needs.
Manages and maintains prospect database.
Works with Project Managers, other departments and management team to develop quotations and project proposals
Thinks like an owner and is directly involved in seeking out and executing rapid improvement projects.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or Diploma in business, marketing, or related field is ideal.
- 2-3 years of business-to-business sales experience in a lengthy sales process, preferably in power, oil and gas, construction, engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of costing and estimation best practices from the construction industry.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project). Working with a CRM system is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES:
- Positive Relationship/Network Building
- Presenting to an Audience
- Planning and Organization
- Analytical Thinking and Judgement
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Problem Solving
- Reading an Audience
- Conceptual Thinking
For further information or to apply, contact Tracy Arno at Essence Recruitment directly. firstname.lastname@example.org