Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA) role is to strengthen and grow the local economy. The organization accomplishes this by providing programs and services including business attraction and expansion; entrepreneurship support; regional economic development and planning; economic forecasting and analysis; and marketing the Saskatoon Region SREDA works closely with the City of Saskatoon, its Regional Partners and a host of other Members and Partners. For more information go to: www.sreda.com
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Engagement Specialist is responsible for supporting business expansion and attraction programs internationally as well as for the Saskatoon Region. This will include program development, market research, and creative business development on a national and international level.
SREDA’s objective is to be one of the best economic development agencies in North America. This position provides an amazing opportunity for the right individual to be part of this bold initiative. This individual will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge in the area of all different types industries and businesses while being challenged with work on a variety of projects. It provides the chance to network with a diverse group of people. Each day can offer new and challenging opportunities. This position is a great fit for someone who enjoys working with a collaborative, high performing team. You must enjoy working in a productive and changing culture that offers challenge, growth, and educational opportunities.
- Conduct business research for SREDA’s clients, members or partners.
- Create and assist in the execution of business attraction programs.
- Develop tools to assist local businesses grow and expand.
- Support the Director of Business Development on national and international missions.
- Provide outreach and educate to businesses interested in investing in the Saskatoon Region.
- Conduct environmental scans.
- Attend tradeshows, conferences, etc. to promote the Saskatoon Region.
- Miscellaneous duties assigned by the Director of Business Development.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years in an operations or project coordinator role or similar role.
- A passion for Saskatoon and strong understanding of our community.
- Post-Secondary degree in business or field relevant to economic development
- Experience with presentations, external communications, and report writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Past or current experience working with economic development is a definite asset.
Skills and Competencies:
- Creative thinker, able to think outside the box
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, highly detailed with critical thinking and problem-solving skills.Â Â Â
- Interactive personality with sound relationship building skills and demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with peers and stakeholder groups.
- Flexible, willing to learn, adaptable, and takes initiative.
For further information or to apply, contact Tracy Arno at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306.652.5209