The Saskatchewan Association of Automotive Repairers Inc. (SAAR) is a non-profit organization of automotive repairers and associated firms whose concerns are the promotion and development of automotive collision repair industry, while providing quality, affordable service to the motoring public. For more information on SAAR, please visit their website at http://www.s-a-a-r.com/index
OBJECTIVE & SCOPE:
The Executive Director, reporting to the SAAR Board of Directors, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the association including general office management and the achievement of the goals and objectives outlined by the Board. The ideal candidate will be goal-oriented who likes a challenge with strong organizational and communication skills. Working independently, the incumbent will be responsible for initiating and maintaining relationships with SGI, the Government of Saskatchewan, and auto body shops across Saskatchewan to accomplish SAAR’s mission and objectives and their continuous liability to its members.
This would be a great fit for someone who is an outgoing, personable person who has the ability to build relationships with their members and stakeholders. This is a part time, home based role with expected travel within Saskatchewan.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with SGI management and staff to initiate and collaborate with all parties in planning and organizing communications and meetings
- Acts as an advocate for SAAR, continuing to build awareness and promote public image
- Ability to maintain/increase membership from shops as well as associate members
- Assist members in their day-to-day dealings with SGI
- Initiate and maintain a strong relationship with the Government of Saskatchewan and the ministry responsible for SGI
- Plan and organize association meetings (annual meeting, executive meetings & special meetings) to address where fees are going, engagement, getting people on board etc.
- Work with Secretary to make sure the time of association and executive meetings are recorded and filed
- Ensure memberships are invoiced, paid, and recorded annually by working with treasurer to maintain a complete list of association members
- Encourage ethical business and standards by maintaining electronic files of relevant association business
- Acknowledge industry partners and promote good working relationships to assist the association in advancing and promoting educational opportunities for SAAR’s members
- Successful experience in management, sales or similar
- Proven experience with positive individual results
- Ability to work in an independent environment
- Experience being the face of the organization including public relations, networking, and social events
- Able to understand and use technology, including proficient use of Microsoft suite
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work independently, without supervision
- Positive relationship building skills, trustworthy, and value driven
- Strong business acumen, able to plan and strategize
- Self-driven, with strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize
- Dynamic and versatile communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Strong negotiation skills
Confident, personable, goal-oriented, motivated, independent, innovative
To apply, please contact Nicole Sebastian directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.652.5209. Applications will be accepted until August 25, 2017. We thank all that apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.