Our Client, Miners Construction Company, is a diversified general contractor operating in Saskatchewan and select projects in Alberta. The company’s history is proud, with over 105 years of creating high quality projects and significant community and charity involvement. Miners office is located in the south industrial area in Saskatoon, Sk.
Miners focusses on light civil, light industrial, design build, institutional and commercial building construction. Water Treatment Plants, Office Buildings, Metal Buildings, Banks, Multiunit Senior Care Facilities and Specialty Buildings. For further information about Miners Construction, visit their website at http://www.minersconstruction.com/
If you have a practical mind and strong numerical and financial management skills, a career as a Quantity Surveyor/Project Estimator could be ideal for you. You will manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. You will seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This includes ensuring NBC regulations are met. You will be involved in a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work. When the project is in progress, you’ll keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
We want to hear from you if you possess a can-do attitude, a willingness to learn while displaying strong ethical values. You are committed to trust, kindness, and respect for other co-workers, act by the rules, and help others do the same. A self-directed employee who looks for new opportunities and imagines fresh possibilities that will best represent Miners Construction You will step up and take ownership in solving problems and achieving the right results.
- Fully estimate a construction project, within the project focus, from start to finish
- Develop trust and a positive working relationship with Clients, Architects, Engineers, Suppliers and Trades
- Analyze drawings and specifications
- Understand contractual terms and conditions
- Assembly accurate and well- organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner
- Provide clear detailed quantity takes offs
- Organize subtrade contractors’ quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders
- Complete and track budgeting and scheduling for projects
- Monitor progress, requisition change orders and identify potential risks
- Ensure site personnel are provided with proper documentation and deal any concerns of field personnel
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing
- Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the construction field in similar of related position working on smaller to very large projects
- Preferably have light civil, light industrial, design build, instructional or commercial construction experience
- Able to read and understand project plans and specifications
- Experience with current estimating software such as Timberline
- Experience with Excel, Adobe and Word
- Understanding of the construction process
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of NBC design requirements
- A.Sc.T Diploma
- Field Experience
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to others involved in a project
- Aptitude to delegate tasks to those capable of completing them, or assign workers to oversee areas of a project.
- Can evaluate progression and adherence to deadlines on a routine basis. When something changes, you may need to re-prioritize your planned activities and tasks
- Skilled at problem solving by considering potential problems faced in a project. Come up with solutions to problems that others have not considered.
- Understands how to create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
To apply or for further detail, contact Joanne Oliver at Essence Recruitment directly.
306.652.5233 / firstname.lastname@example.org/www.essencerecruitment.ca