Our Client, MPE Engineering Ltd, a consulting engineering company, offering a full range of engineering services in the municipal, building services, and water resources fields, enjoys a solid reputation for quality service, client commitment and high professional standards. MPE brings dedication, commitment, and innovation to their clients to exceed their expectations for service, quality and value.
MPE Engineering Ltd. has provided consulting engineering services for over 30 years. With over 200 staff in six offices located in Alberta and Saskatchewan, their engineering services range from planning and feasibility studies to detailed design, construction, project management, training, and operational assistance. MPE Engineering Ltd. prides itself in having numerous employees who have been with the firm for over 20 years, and understand that they can only succeed if their staff are successful, therefore, are committed to promoting and supporting their development. For further information about MPE Engineering, visit their website at http://www.mpe.ca
We want to hear from you if you bring dedication, commitment, and innovation that exceeds expectations for service, quality, and value. You strive to build and maintain strong long-term relationships with your staff, clients, and communities – based on integrity and respect. A self -directed employee who looks for new opportunities and imagines fresh possibilities that will represent MPE Engineering Ltd. You will step up and take ownership in solving problems and achieving the right results.
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies
- Complete designs and technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Ensure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Undertake business development work
- Respond to Request for Proposals
Skills & Competencies
- BSc in Civil, Municipal or Civil Environmental Engineering.
- 8-10 years working experience in civil /municipal engineering
- Interest in Municipal (distribution, collection, and transportation) Engineering.
- Expertise in AutoCAD
- Project Management and supervisory skills
- Aptitude for general construction methods.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess good written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be eligible for membership in APEGS
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to others involved in a project.
- Able to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent leadership and human resources management skills
- Aptitude to delegate tasks to those capable of completing them, or assign workers to oversee areas of a project.
- Can evaluate progression and adherence to deadlines on a routine basis. When something changes, you may need to re-prioritize your planned activities and tasks.
- Skilled at problem solving by considering potential problems faced in a project. Come up with solutions to problems that others have not considered.
- Understands how to create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers.
To apply or for further detail, contact Joanne Oliver at Essence Recruitment directly.
306.652.5233 / firstname.lastname@example.org/www.essencerecruitment.ca