Headquartered in Saskatoon, SK, TimeLine Logistic provides asset-based, long distance, specialized truckload transportation services to commercial customers across North America. The company brings a wealth of knowledge in North American road transportation, with the capability to safely and efficiently transport a variety of commodities including highly specialized consignments. The company has been recognized with several awards including “Best fleet to work for” and the 2017 SABEX award for safety. For further information go to www.timelinelogistic.ca.
Reporting and working directly with the leadership team, the CONTROLLER will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively leading all financial accountabilities for the organization. This person will work collaboratively with the leadership team and contribute to the overall company success of the company goals and objectives by utilizing their business and financial expertise.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Oversees all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management including the systems required for management thereof.
- Prepare and analyse all financial reports to ensure accuracy and integrity of the results
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Provide financial records and provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity including individual projects.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts, short term and long term in accordance with projections and budgets.
- Determine costs of daily operations by collecting data and establishing cost.
- Compiles, analyzes and interpret data and provides trends, forecasts and recommending action.
- Continually identifies financial status and report project cost variances and profitability.
- Oversee and supervise the accounting and administration team of the organization.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Liaison with financial institutions for financing of projects or other financial services as required.
- Collaborate with the tax accountant on all tax issues and action items.
Education and Experience
- 10 plus years’ general accounting experience with 5-7 years in a Controller or similar leadership role. Transportation experience is a definite asset.
- Chartered Professional Accountant certification (i.e. CPA, CMA, CGA, CA) with a university degree, preferably in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced accounting principles & guidelines, maintaining a strong internal control environment & operational financial performance reporting.
- Working knowledge of standard costing systems relevant to the transportation industry
- Experienced corporate and functional leadership and organizational competencies.
- Working knowledge with ERP and SAP Business One is preferred.
Capacity, Attitude and Personality Traits:
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to creatively solve problems
- Confident and professional, highly interactive and collaborative
- Effective listening and comprehension capabilities
- Demonstrated integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to lead and work with internal personnel and outside vendors.
Apply directly to Tracy Arno at Essence Recruitment email@example.com.