LOCATION: Victoria, BC or Saskatoon, SK
Strategic Human Resource Leadership, Organizational Development, Recruitment and Staffing, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Policy and Employment Law.
The Director of Human Resources, reporting to the CFO, is responsible for strategically directing and overseeing the company’s HR components in ways to support the mission and overall strategy. They will be a Business Partner that has a true understanding of the company’s current and future state. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, develops integrated solutions, and advocates business objectives between employees and the leadership team. Â
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies that may have an impact in attracting, motivating, developing and retaining the people resources of the company.
- Managing internal communications between the HR department, the executive, and the employees. Ensure there is a strong communication plan within the multiple locations.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Develop and manage the budget for the HR department.
Organizational Development, Recruitment and Staffing
- Direct a plan of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the company.
- Oversee standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures
Compensation and Benefits:
- Assess and improve compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and competitiveness in the market.
- Monitor staffing costs of Vecima (consolidated) to ensure staffing changes are within budgeted or forecast levels
- Ensure performance management programs are in place to evaluate employee performance for maximum productivity. Â
- Assist Managers and Supervisors with all HR support that could include training requirements, disciplinary proceedings, etc.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce HR policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of Vecima.Â
- Maintains knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and risks.Â Understands the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinates the integration of all such programs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ degree in or equivalent in Human Resources along with professional designation.
- 10 plus years experience in a Director or similar Human Resource role with a Generalist background in a technical industry. Publicly traded is ideal.
- Proven ability to positively manage organizational change to increase employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Change management leadership experience with the ability to plan and work through acquisitions in a HR capacity.
- Experience in strategic planning, policy review and implementation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and HRIS system.
Skills and Competencies
- Confident team leader, able to positively promote the company’ vision and mission.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Well-organized with a high attention to detail.
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Global & cultural awareness.
- Interpersonal relationship management skills; able to manage internal and external customers.
Confident; Intellectual; Personable; Engaging; Welcoming; Collaborative
To apply, contact Tracy Arno, Essence Recruitment directly.