On behalf of our client, Virtex Grain Exchange, Essence Recruitment is currently seeking a Grain Agent. Virtex Grain Exchange Ltd (Virtex) was created in Saskatchewan in 2009, consisting of a small group of farmers from Farm Corp plus new farmer shareholders. Virtex acts as a grain selling agent of all types of grain for its current members and owners. For further information go to http://virtexgrain.com.
The Grain Agent will work on behalf of the farmers best interest to find the best arrangement that fits their needs. The main objective will be to buy and sell grain on behalf a group of farmers within the Saskatchewan territory. They will build productive, long-term relationships with the farmers along with potential customers by developing a comprehensive understanding of the business as well as continuous monitoring of the market. To be successful this person will present solutions and value to customers along with partnering with Grain Marketing and Agronomy Advisors to identify customers and sell consulting services.
- Related post-secondary education in Business or Agriculture or equivalent work experience as a Grain Trader or similar
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Persistence and highly developed selling skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and prospects, build customer relationships and close sales
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in math, written communications and computer skills
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to segment markets, target and analyze customer potential.
Interested? Contact Nicole Sebastian to apply or for further details via email. firstname.lastname@example.org