On behalf of our client, Virtex Grain Exchange, Essence Recruitment is currently seeking a Grain Buyer. Virtex Grain Exchange Ltd (Virtex) was created in Saskatchewan in 2009, consisting of a small group of farmers from Farm Corp plus new farmer shareholders. Virtex acts as a grain selling agent of all types of grain for its current members and owners. For further information go to http://virtexgrain.com.
The Grain Buyer will work on behalf of the farmers best interest to find the best arrangement that fits their needs. The main objective will be to buy grain on behalf of a group of farmers within the Saskatchewan territory. They will build productive relationships with potential sellers.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for procuring grain from producer customers, commercial accounts and managing a customer database for the location
- Develop and build strong customer relationships
- Consistent awareness of grain prices and current market news
- Arrange for transportation of purchased products by computing shipping costs to determine an efficient and economical manner
- Keeps daily records of grain received, prices paid, amount purchased, and amount in storage
- Review orders to determine product types and quantities required to meet demand
- Related post-secondary education in Business or Agriculture or equivalent work experience as a Grain Buyer or similar
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and prospects by building customer relationships
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in math, written communications and computer skills
Interested? Apply to Nicole Sebastian at firstname.lastname@example.org