The Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association Inc. (SCSA) is an industry-funded non-profit organization that provides cost-effective, accessible safety training and advice to employers and employees throughout the province of Saskatchewan. With locations in Saskatoon and Regina, the SCSA equips more than 10,000 workers each year with the education and training they need to achieve their organizations safety goals. The Mission of the SCSA is to provide quality safety training and advice to construction employers and employees that will lead to reduced human and financial loss associated with injuries in the construction industry. For further information go to www.scsaonline.ca.
This position is a 14-15-month contract full-time role located in Regina, SK. Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources Administrator will be accountable for providing day-to-day human resources administrative support to managers and employees. The incumbent will have direct contact with all employees of the SCSA and work closely with the Operations leadership team, Finance Coordinator and Executive Assistant. They will represent the Safety Association as called upon to liaise with government agencies, external service providers, and other related organizations. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: recruitment and staffing, training and development, HR programs administration maintenance and document development and maintenance.
This role is a great fit for someone who is looking to develop their HR career with an ambition to learn and mature throughout the term, has a passion for safety, a self-starter and enjoys working in a collaborative office setting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with recruitment services in an effective and efficient manner including liaise with external recruitment agencies, preparation of internal documents/communications.
- Track and register employees for training & development as requested and provide resources to employees and managers with respect to career development.
- Coordination and maintenance of HR related programs including performance management system, employee onboarding, employee surveys.
- Administer Health and Safety and Return-to-Work programs.
- Maintain and update HR documents such as job descriptions, personnel records and related policies/procedures/guidelines.
- Support a positive, collaborative work environment by leading by example and supporting employee relations activities and communications.
- Compile HR related metrics, analyzing, reporting and identifying trends with recommendations provided.
- Audit internal payroll administration for accuracy and validity.
- Provide research as requested and complete other related duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate or diploma in Human Resource Management or similar
- Two years of HR experience or a suitable combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resource areas
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable employment as well as health and safety legislation
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Self starter, ability to problem solve independently
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
To inquire or apply, contact Nicole Sebastian at Essence Recruitment directly by December 4th, 2017. email@example.com / 306-652-5209