Founded in 1980, Schaan Healthcare Products Inc. (Schaan) serves Saskatchewan as a leading distributor of medical and surgical supplies to health care facilities including hospitals, nursing homes and personal care homes. They are the lead provider to the Saskatchewan health care market, offering quality brand name products through personalized and professional service. Further details can be found at www.schaanhealthcareproducts.ca.
Reporting to the CEO and working alongside the senior management team, the Manager, Sales and Business Development will focus on sales growth and business expansion in alignment with the company’s strategic goals. With a clear focus on the customer, they will identify new markets and lead new initiatives while building relationships with existing and potential customers. They will lead the sales team in the implementation of a strategic sales and business development process that supports the company’s growth plan.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist senior management in corporate business planning, and translate the corporate growth plan into an actionable Sales Plan.
- Work with the senior management team to develop and execute an approved annual budget that aligns with the Business Development and Sales Plan.
- Set and review realistic metrics and action plans for the Sales Department.
- Assess training needs, and provide coaching and support to the sales team.
- Identify and evaluate a broad range of business opportunities, including strategic partnerships, new product lines, and emerging markets.
- Identify and build relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, and potential customers.
- A Post Secondary degree or diploma related to business or similar is preferred, a combination of related training and considerable experience may be considered an equivalent.
- 10 plus combined years of proven success in business development, sales and/or marketing and management experience. Experience working in Healthcare ideal or understanding the Saskatchewan Healthcare landscape.
- Proven Team Leadership, including responsibility for attracting, supporting, developing and retaining a talented workforce.
- Experience in change management best practices.
This is a great fit for someone who has a successful track record in a business growth leadership role through strategic planning and innovative sales processes implementation. This individual will have a keen interest in joining an established business serving a diverse group of customers, and focusing on high quality customer service and follow through.
To apply or for further detail, contact Tracy Arno at Essence Recruitment directly.