We are partnering with our client to recruit an Office Administrator who will be responsible for a wide range of duties which are continuously changing and adapting. The successful candidate will oversee various administrative and project specific duties in this role, and at times will need to learn new responsibilities along the way in order to become a more well-rounded team member.
A rock star Office Administrator becomes indispensable, someone who can cultivate the culture the company needs and steer the ship in the right direction as they grow. This position is a unique and demanding position. It takes a diverse set of skills, and an amazing individual, to really thrive in this role. A strong knowledge of financials, software, previous project experience and industry knowledge is required for this role.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for the items below and potentially other tasks as well in the future as we continue to grow:
- Under the guidance of the management team, begin to learn the company’s financials and in time progress into a larger role with managing them.
- Work with Simply Accounting on a daily basis to pull certain reports and organize the company financials.
- Create and manage company purchase orders.
- Company bank deposits.
- Balancing of books, working with general ledgers, and ensuring all company finances have a good flow of incoming and out-going.
- Handle the components for Accounts Receivables and Payables.
- Handle GST & PST payments and other payment remittances.
- Be the Commissioner of Oaths and handle statutory declarations.
- Remain organized with project files and server files which includes ensuring all components needed in each project file is completed and accurate.
- Assisting with the inventory program for shop items.
- In time, possibly assist with Employee timesheets and job costing.
- Assist with the shipping and receiving of orders.
- In time, running various programs which would include quoting, managing, procuring, and invoicing.
- Sourcing products & fabrics for the sales team.
- Become familiar with our products and textiles.
- Training new employees in areas that pertain to your duties (if required).
- Managing incoming calls as well as mail and couriers
- Arrange travel accommodations for key personnel required business trips in a cost effective and timely fashion; hotels, flights, vehicle rentals, etc.
- Understanding your role within the annual budget and staying on track with not increasing monthly expenditures.
- Manage the janitorial cleaning staff within the office.
- Handle all incoming clientele.
- Handle customer payments within the office (debit/credit machine, cash, cheque, etc.)
- Ordering prints and layouts as needed by the managerial staff.
- Complete credit applications for new businesses.
- IT liaison, handling phone and email problems.
- Handle follow up calls & scheduling follow ups.
- Ensure sales samples for fabrics/vinyl are stocked and that any new products we are selling are showcased in the showroom.
- Manage building security such as assigning keys and alarm codes for approved personnel.
- Attend the necessary team meetings as needed on a managerial level.
- Ensure the office facilities are in compliance with safety policies in accordance with applicable federal safety standards and local laws.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Microsoft Office (Email, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Simply Accounting
- Computer and various IT software
- Calculation & Measuring Tools
- Approximately 7+ years of direct work experience in managerial administration work.
- Ability to work in an office type setting alone and with others.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of accounting procedures involving procurement and budget management.
- Experience with Simply Accounting software.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse, and transportation management.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or service ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction timelines and processes.
- Strong understanding of HR and OH&S policies.
- Ability to create detailed schedules and work with management to complete them.
- A firm understanding of the projects and tasks at hand.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to read and understand work orders.
- Excellent planning and organizational and follow up skills
- Outgoing, reliable, dependable
- Excellent problem solver
- Team Player
- Takes initiative and is accountable
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self -motivated and driven for success
- Displays confidence with a very positive attitude
- Honest, ethical and respectful
- Very flexible and adaptable
- Flare for Design as asset
- Willing and capable to take on added tasks and responsibilities.
The successful candidate needs to meet occupational health and safety regulations and wear the appropriate safety equipment while on site or on the back shop floor, and take relevant training:
- Industrial gloves (on site or shop floor)
- Protective eye wear (on site of shop floor)
- Hard Hat (on site or shop floor)
- Steel Toe Boots (on site or shop floor)
To apply or for further detail, contact Joanne Oliver at Essence Recruitment directly.
306.652.5233 / email@example.com/www.essencerecruitment.ca