We are partnering with our client, One Touch Automation, to recruit an Office Manager who supports the company operations by performing a wide range of duties that enhance customer experience, overall efficiency of the business operations as well as internal and external communications. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and dynamic team in a growing Saskatoon based technology company that specialized in Home Automations, Electrical Contracting and Security. It is a fast-paced industry that is at the forefront of smart technology as well as innovations in sustainable energy.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to coordinate administrative duties and office procedures. You will create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. You will have experience with QuickBooks, scheduling meetings and appointments, answering phones, greeting visitors, and providing general administrative support to our employees. Along with your experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products, you will ensure the smooth running of the office and assist in improving company policies and procedures and overall day to day operations.
A rock star Office Manager becomes indispensable, someone who can cultivate the culture the company needs and steer the ship in the right direction as they grow. This position is a unique and demanding position. It takes a diverse set of skills, and an amazing individual to really thrive in this role.
- General reception duties: answering phones, greeting customers
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
- Bookkeeping – data entry of invoices and receipts on a daily basis
- Maintaining files
- Data entry of labour log sheets
- Vendor management and product orders
- Schedule and tracking shipments
- Following up with distributors regarding shipment deadlines
- Manage Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables
- Create invoices
- Accept POS payments via credit card and debit
- Manage security monitoring registration process
- Enter new contracts
- Answer calls from security clients
- Assist onsite technicians with setting up monitoring contracts
- Project support
- Inventory control and management
- Create and maintain project work orders and service call logs
- Social media management
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Proficient in QuickBooks is a must.
- Proficient with computer and various IT software.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in managerial administration work.
- High School degree (post-secondary education an asset)
- Ability to work in an office type setting alone and with others.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of accounting procedures involving procurement and budget management.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse, and transportation management.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or service ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction or service timelines and processes a definite asset.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Strong understanding of HR and OH&S policies.
- Ability to create detailed schedules and work with management to complete them.
- A firm understanding of the projects and tasks at hand.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to read and understand work orders.
- Excellent planning and organizational and follow up skills
- Creative and able to suggest improvements
- Outgoing, reliable, dependable
- Excellent problem solver with ability to prioritize well
- Team Player
- Takes initiative and is accountable
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self -motivated and driven for success
- Displays confidence with a very positive attitude
- Honest, ethical and respectful
- Very flexible and adaptable
- Willing and capable to take on added tasks and responsibilities.
To apply or for further detail, contact Joanne Oliver at Essence Recruitment directly.
306.652.5233 / firstname.lastname@example.org/www.essencerecruitment.ca