The Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association Inc. (SCSA) is an industry-funded and directed non-profit organization that provides cost-effective, accessible safety training and advice to employers and employees throughout the province of Saskatchewan. With locations in Saskatoon and Regina, the SCSA equips more than 10,000 workers each year with the education and training they need to achieve their organization’s safety goals. The Mission of the SCSA is to provide quality safety training and advice to construction employers and employees that will lead to reduced human and financial loss associated with injuries in the construction industry. For further information go to www.scsaonline.ca.
This position is responsible for conducting health and safety management system audits, reviewing and evaluating various materials related to SCSA Programs and for providing professional safety related customer service to the industry, clients and other related stakeholders.
Reporting to the Program Services Manager, this new role can be located in either Saskatoon or Regina. The incumbent will be expected to travel throughout Saskatchewan, conducting audits on the clients site. This is a great fit for someone who is customer focused, has positive interpersonal skills with a patient demeanor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct health and safety management system audits in accordance with the SCSA National Standard audit tool guidelines, Quality Assurance program and the SCSA Code of Ethics.
• Maintain auditor integrity and satisfactory feedback from audit clients and audit team members.
• Establish objectives, scope and criteria to all aspects of the audit process while ensuring communication with the audit client.
• Communicate audit results to the clients while providing reasonable recommendations in accordance to the audit findings.
• Assign responsibilities to team members when conducting audits as a lead auditor.
• Provide mentorship/coaching to clients and SCSA employees.
• Evaluate course proficiencies, maintenance audits, SECOR audits and review client health and safety manuals as required.
• Provide excellent, effective and efficient customer service.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
• Occupational Health and Safety degree or diploma.
• Training or experience in health and safety management system auditing.
• National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) designation. Consideration will be taken if currently working towards the designation or challenging the test within the next 18 months
• Knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation, Workers’ Compensation Board
• OHSMS/OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor (TPECS) course and CRSP designation would
be considered strong assets.
• Knowledge with COR or SECOR is ideal.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
• A valid driver’s license is required
Skills and Abilities:
• Effective customer service, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to work in an objective and bias free manner, while ensuring sound judgment,
honesty and integrity at all times.
• Ability to implement policy, rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
• Ability to research, evaluate and develop solutions to customer service needs.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and
effectively manage time.
• Ability to work well independently, within a team environment.
To apply, contact Nicole Sebastian at Essence Recruitment with your resume.
All applications will be considered until 5:00pm on January 25, 2018.