Since 1986, Braid Flooring & Window Fashions offers customers innovative and unique flooring and window covering options from around the world, in addition to carrying the most respected major brands in the industry. It continues to lead the way in quality and innovation by continuously searching for new products to offer Saskatoon residents. For further information, go to www.braidflooring.com.
Reporting to the President and working alongside the management team, the Sales Manager will focus on high quality and exceptional customer service in alignment with the company’s strategic goals. With a clear focus on the customer experience, they will drive collaborative communication between the sales and operations department while ensuring effective and efficient processes are in place.
- Collaboratively leads the team from the sales team, the scheduler and site supervisor to develop and ensure accurate quotations, proposals, timeliness and needs are being met
- Works to understand load capacity, challenges, and opportunities to continually improve customer experience.
- Works with the management team to ensure the talent required to achieve and meet customer demands, requirements and deliverables are in place.
- Works with members of the management team to identify and evaluate a broad range of business opportunities. Monitors the external market and the products, services, innovations and strategies of competitors for their impact on Braid’s business plans and goals.
- Create, implement and monitor a sales and business development plan for the sales team.
- Set and review realistic metrics and action plans for the Sales Department.,
- Hold sales staff accountable to achieve directives and action plans, including sales team’s annual performance goals, KPI’s, and timelines.
- Assess training needs, and provide coaching and support to the sales team
- Develop and implement applicable sales related policies and procedures within the sales department and ensure that they are kept current and are adhered to by everyone in the sales team.
- A Post Secondary degree or diploma related to business or similar is preferred, a combination of related training and considerable experience may be considered an equivalent.
- 10 plus years of proven success in a management role dealing with 3rd party trades or contractors. Experience working in the flooring industry is ideal.
- Proven Team Leadership, including responsibility for attracting, supporting, developing and retaining a talented workforce.
- Experience in change management best practices.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- Positive team leader with a teacher, mentor, and coach approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to persuade and negotiate to gain buy-in and effect positive change.
- Strong Business Acumen and good judgement.
- Independent, critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinker with superior analytical skills, able to anticipate and diagnose problems and challenges.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills. Ability to understand and respond appropriately to the concerns of others and/or intervene to resolve interpersonal conflict or disputes.
- Effective communication demonstrated by written, verbal and professional presentation skills
- Highly organized with effective planning and time management skills.
To apply, contact Tracy Arno at Essence Recruitment www.essencerecruitment.ca or firstname.lastname@example.org.