Prairie Meats is a Saskatchewan-owned company established in 1983 that has built an enviable reputation for personalized service and quality products. With locations in Regina and Saskatoon, they are the leaders in the retail and food service markets for Saskatchewan. For further information on the organization go to prairiemeats.ca
The VP Marketing and Customer Experience will serve as an integral member of the team. Reporting to the President and CEO, this individual will be responsible in the areas of:
° Development of a marketing and service plan that will provide a focused view of the customer in the marketing actions and strategies that Prairie Meats LP needs to take.
° Engage and direct the entire sales and retail departments to support strategic direction and alignment of business plans with organizational objectives.
° Strategically analyzing the core products and determining relevancy within the Prairie Meats brand.
This is a great fit for someone who has been in a SR. Marketing role within the food industry, is motivated by challenge and is looking to be part of a collaborative team and being instrumental in successfully achieving their growth strategies.
- Develop annual forward-thinking marketing and service plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives. This includes defining what the customer values and where to make marketing investments for the highest impact and return on investment that benefits Prairie Meats LP.
- Direct implementation and execution of marketing and service policies and practices, including development and distribution of all marketing material/collateral.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with the Director of Sales and the Director or Retail.
- Manage the overall marketing budget, the approval of programs and provide reoccurring reconciliation and variance reports. The goal is to optimize marketing spend to deliver optimal customer experience to generate growth.
- Consolidate Prairie Meats LP’s sales forecasting, which includes:
◦ Analyzing all core products, determining relevancy and costs effects
◦ Linking it to marketing activities
◦ Working with the Directors on sales plans and activities to drive sales
- Develop and manage pricing structures, which includes:
◦ Analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of sales, methods costs and results;
◦ Working with the VP Operations and VP Finance to understand product costs; and
◦ Working with the Director of Sales and the Director of Retail to ensure the right pricing mix and strategy is employed.
- Provide leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements. This includes developing strategic partnerships that support our brand equality and amplify Prairie Meats LP’s message.
- Provide leadership and support for the design, development and implementation of products and service lines
- Oversee and direct market research, competitor analysis, product offering, and customer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives. This includes creating accountability around the data and metrics that are relevant to the customer and the business. These metrics are leveraged to optimize the experience and continue to generate customer growth.
- Build, develop and manage marketing and customer service teams capable of carrying out needed marketing and service strategies.
- Lead by example and hold the sales and retail management to the highest levels of professionalism to maintain excellent brand image and superb customer service inside and outside of the organization. This includes promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
Experience and Education
- Post Secondary Education certificate or diploma in marketing, business administration or similar
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the marketing field with substantial experience at the senior executive leadership level. Food Industry experience is ideal.
- A combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered
- Proven experience developing, implementing and following thru on successful marketing brand strategies and programs.
- Proven experience in change management
- Managed budgets and expenses along with the ability to manage margins
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office
- Valid Drivers’ License
Skills and Competency Requirements
- Collaborative leadership skills to motivate, coach, mentor and train staff in cross-functional teams
- Ability to build a strong team of employees, identify gaps in performance and implement needed corrective actions to achieve goals that positively impact the company
- Marketing attribution skills, innovative, able to see the big picture while taking in account of all the details
- Excellent decision making skills at the strategic level, analytical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to develop reports for, make presentations to and communicate with all levels both internal and external to the company
- Ability to effectively apply organizational, time-management, computer and mathematical skills
- Focused on achieving results and is processed oriented
Prairie Meats prides themselves in offering challenging and rewarding careers where employees are able to focus on quality, customer service and teamwork. They offer competitive salary, along with benefits and employee perks. Does this sound like a great fit for you?
Contact Tracy Arno directly at Essence Recruitment for further details or to apply.
email@example.com 306.652.5209/306.290.5646 www.essencerecruitment.ca